Use whatever software necessary to build either an online portfolio site or a video demo reel showcasing your work. (Optional: Design and print at least 20 copies of a business card that relates to your site/reel in some thematic way.)
For the site, put all your files in a folder labeled "portfolio" and upload it to the "sites" directory of your nm server space (or acquire a personal domain name and host your site on a private server). Make sure your first page is called "index.html"
For the reel, burn it to a DVD-ROM and submit it on the portfolio due date. Or upload it to the appropriate google drive folder for the class, and give me a note in class telling me it's there.
1. Site must work in multiple browsers on multiple platforms.
2. Site must include logo and multiple sub-sections.
3. Reel must have an intro and extro which contain your brand and contact information.
4. Reel must be long enough to showcase your work, but no longer than 6 minutes.
5a. Optional: Business card must include site URL (even if you haven't secured the domain name yet), logo, and some sort of contact information.
5b. Business card design and site/reel design must be related in some visual (and hopefully conceptual) way.
1. completion (how finished is it? how well does it accomplish the stated goals of your creative brief?)
2. visual design (typography, structure, color, visual interest)
3. interaction design OR time-based design (sensible menu system, intuitive navigation, clear labels and signposts, balanced architecture, interactive interest OR pacing, synching, narrative arc, conceptual/formal transitions)
4. professionalism & execution (software mastery, media resolution & quality, level of completion, suitability of design to work)